Sunday, July 20, 2008

missing the sunshine

these are the places i will always remember, with the people whose memories i will keep close to my heart:
the nasc lecture hall where i met my first friends from block 16.
the umali house where i was welcomed into an organization that changed my life.
the humanities building that showed me true beauty through an old structure.
the fertility tree that disproved an old myth.
apartment 5, where the bizarre always took place from drinking by candlelight to running into doppelgangers.
the sociosoc tambayan, where ideas, opinions, laughter and cassava chips were shared.
Song of the Day: In My Life (The Beatles)

All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

In memory of Katherine Matienzo who was taken before her time.

To use Hemingway's words:

Best of all (s)he loved the fall
The leaves yellow on the cottonwoods
Leaves floating on the trout streams
And above the hills
The high blue windless skies
Now (s)he will be a part of them forever

WE'LL ALL MISS YOU KAETII. Smile on us from above.

1 comment: