Monday, October 6, 2008

slight miscalculation

on a tuesday morning came the realization that i was leaving in seven days, not eight. unlike the fridays spent packing my things for the hotel stay last september, i enjoyed preparing for this trip. by this time next week, i'll be thousands of feet above ground headed for a destination a million miles away where i could clear my head and find the things i lost. i will see my old friends monet, renoir and degas. i will visit lady liberty and the disney princesses. most of all, i will see my grandparents again, who always had faith when i had none.
one week.
Song of the Day: Across the Universe (by The Beatles)
Sounds of laughter, shades of life
Are ringing through my open ears
Exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love
Which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment